Tuesday 1 January 2013

Christmas Crackers!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

I thought I would share a few pictures of my most recent acquisitions, which are the sewing related presents I received for Christmas.

There's the tailors dummy to begin with.  Although I haven't had much time to use it as of yet, I have adjusted it to my size and I have got the hem marker all loaded with chalk.  I'm impressed by how sturdy it is, and I already know how much I'm going to love using this to help me with my dressmaking.









I spotted these 10 inch sidebent scissors from Merchant and Mills at the Knitting and Stitching show, Harrogate, back in November 2012.  My thoughtful mum committed the brand to memory and did a sneaky bit of internet shopping after we returned!  At the show I had been a little disappointed that they didn't have a pair out on display to have a feel and look at.  However, now that I am the proud owner of a pair, I am far from disappointed.  The weight of the metal is very impressive and makes cutting fabric a joy.  I am yet to cut pattern pieces out with them, so I cannot comment on the benefits of the sidebent handle at the moment.  




No comments:

Post a Comment