Sunday 27 March 2016

Easter Sunday 2016

Happy Easter!

This bank holiday weekend I've been busy making spring inspired Daffodils in gorgeous cotton yarn.  I went on to make a wreath to display them on, together with primroses and mini flowers.  I'm delighted with it; it's bringing a little bit of light to this damp Easter Sunday!


For those of you who have seen my Facebook posts you'll know that I've just finished a four week learn to crochet course at Stitch studio in Ramsbottom.  I turned up for the non-existent week five because my tutor Sharon was running a one-off two hour workshop on how to create these Daffodils.  By the end of the session I'd made one and, true to form, I stayed up until the early hours of the morning making more!



To make the wreath I used double crochet stitch around the outer hoop of an embroidery frame and then made chain spaces which I slip stitched to the double crochet.  For the inner hoop I used bias binding on the diagonal and wrapped it round tightly, overlapping it the width of the folded under edge.   


If you're inspired to have a go yourself then the pattern can be yours for a mere £1.50.  Visit my tutor Sharon's new website store Cotton Pod and download it here or buy a kit here.  You can have fun experiment with different sized crochet hooks to watch flowers appear in beautiful spring shades.



Oh, and I can't go without showing you what else I made this Easter.  I've had three so far today...!



Happy Easter from me and this little one

No comments:

Post a Comment